GRÖMO manufactures roof drainage accessories in five different materials with nine different surfaces. Only European vendors are used as suppliers. This guarantees high quality in the raw material, and is a prerequisite for the high quality standards of GRÖMO.
The beautiful red-gold metal was associated with Venus in alchemy. Along with gold, silver, and tin, it’s one of the metals that has been worked with for about 9,000 years. Christopher Columbus used copper plates to protect his ship from being infested with algae. The Statue of Liberty in New York is made of about 80 tons of copper. Copper wires, 5,000 years old, were found in tombs in Egypt - and still in working order.
Overview of properties and benefits:
- Long lifespan due to corrosion resistance and the formation of a bonded, non-toxic protective coating under the influence of atmospheric weathering
- No reverse-side corrosion
- Good workability, even when design includes intricate details
- No damage from deformability, even in low temperatures
- Highly cost-effective
- Low cleaning and maintenance costs
- Matches nicely with other building materials due to natural surface patina
- Becomes more beautiful with age due to natural weathering process
Melting point: 1.083 °C
Length variation at 100 K: 1,7 mm/m
Density: 8,93 kg/dm³