GRÖMO manufactures roof drainage accessories in five different materials with nine different surfaces. Only European vendors are used as suppliers. This guarantees high quality in the raw material, and is a prerequisite for the high quality standards of GRÖMO.
Steel, a metal alloy with iron as the main component, is mainly valued for its mechanical stability and load-bearing capacity. Applying a thin coating of zinc protects the steel from rusting. About half the world’s zinc yield is used for galvanization and thus for corrosion protection.
Overview of properties and benefits:
- Low cost
- High mechanical stability
- High load-bearing capacity
- Low tendency towards deformity and corrugation
- Low susceptibility to errors in installation and construction
- Can be coated in many different colors
Melting point: 1.535 °C
Length variation at 100 K: 1,2 mm/m
Density: 7,86 kg/dm³